Parking is available on surrounding side streets for parents/carers who drive pupils to and from the Academy, but parents are advised not to park in the direct vicinity of the school to ensure the safety of pupils and to avoid blocking the road.
Walking & Cycling
For those who prefer pedal power, there are cycle racks and a cycle shed to secure their bikes until home time.
With health and reduced carbon emissions in mind, we always encourage pupils to walk to the Academy, if the distance is manageable.
We would like to remind all parents of the code of practice when dropping off and picking up your child/children:
· Vehicles MUST always be parked legally so as not cause an obstruction.
· Please do NOT block residents’ drives, even for ‘just a minute’
· Please leave enough room for school minibus to be able to turn out of the Main School at 16.00 hours as there are often away fixtures at that time.
· Do NOT park too close to the main road junction (as per Highway Code).
· Please do NOT simply pull alongside the parked cars outside Main School to allow your children to ‘jump in’
· If your vehicle is very large, please consider parking a little further away.
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.